The inaugural Chilterns Walking Festival is just a couple of months away now and we have over 80 walks and events on offer right across the Chilterns – the interactive map on the Walking Festival sites show the start points of all 83 events. There is a huge choice of activity including:
- Pub walks, meet-the-producer walks and foraging activities
- Iron Age Hillfort walk followed by an Iron Age feast at a local pub!
- Wildlife spotting walks, artists walks, and history/heritage walks
- Guided electric bike tour with a picnic lunch from Henley on Thames, taking in Chiltern Valley Winery & Brewery, Hambleden Valley, Turville and Warburg Nature Reserve,
- Expert led wild medicine walk around The Sunnyside Trust’s Hemel Food Garden, discovering what plants can be used for medicinal purposes,
- Take the train for a walk, starting from Princes Risborough station journey to together to Haddenham, and walk back to Princes Risborough.
- Take the boat one way with Hobbs of Henley, enjoy a guided walk back along the Thames Path
- Gruffalo spotters trail where the characters come to life in Wendover Woods,
- Nordic Walking and Health Walks
People and Society Officer
Chilterns Conservation Board