A community pub is due to be renovated and brought back into use thanks to a £50,000 grant from South Oxfordshire District Council.
The Crown pub in South Moreton is just one of seven community improvement projects receiving a share of £117,000 in the latest round of grants funding from the council.
Other projects include a new outdoor gym in Warborough, improvements to the village shop in Little Milton and a new roof for the village hall in Sonning Common.
Goring Village Hall will get new lighting, sound equipment and curtains to improve its stage, and Woodcote Village Hall will benefit from electrical and lighting improvements and a new projector.
Woodcote Parish Council is also receiving money to help install a pathway from its new zebra crossing, across the recreation ground to the school.
Over the course of the current financial year, the council has awarded more than £820,000 to community projects across the district.
Cllr Lynn Lloyd, Cabinet Member for Grants at South Oxfordshire District Council, said: “Rural communities rely on good quality local facilities and we’re fortunate that despite national pressures on council funding we have been able to support these towns and villages to continue to improve and develop what they’re able to offer their local residents.
“We’ve now awarded more than £820,000 in grants during this financial year, and we hope to be able to support other projects next year when the scheme opens again.”
The full awards for the latest round of capital grants from South Oxfordshire District Council, are:
* Warborough Parish Council – £25,000 for the relocation of a play area and a new outdoor gym
* Goring Village Hal – £9,999 for improvements to the hall stage area (lighting, sounds equipment, curtains etc)
* Little Milton Village shop – £2,820 for floor improvements and a patio area
* Woodcote Village Hall – £6,200 for lighting, electrical improvements and projector for main hall
* South Moreton Community Benefit Society – £50,315 for renovations to the community-owned pub to bring it back into use
* Sonning Common Parish Council – £13,444 for the replacement of the village hall flat roof rand insulation
* Woodcote Parish Council – £9,812 for a pathway from a new zebra crossing across the recreation ground to the school