The Binfield Heath Covid-19 Mutual Aid group has a great network of local volunteers to help those who are self-isolating or quarantined, or in a vulnerable group, due to Covid-19. They also support NHS and Key workers who may face challenges with shopping or other tasks. If you can want to help – join up on Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/groups/binfieldheath/ or do get in touch with the contact for your locality on the list below under ‘Support’. –
BAKERS OF BINFIELD HEATH UNITE! Pamela Cronin is delivering homemade cakes and cookies to the hard-working staff at the Royal Berks Hospital. If you would like to contribute please contact her on 07906 041 810 and she will coordinate your offers and arrange to collect from you. Thank you!
Fancy a chat? Self isolation doesn’t need to be lonely and there’s lots of local people in the same boat who would be delighted to have a chat – anything from imaginative alternatives to toilet roll to rugby and table tennis. Please get in touch in the first instance with Amanda Jennings on 07799 038 492 and she’ll put people in touch. Equally if you are – or know – someone who would appreciate a call to check on how things are going – please get in touch.
Support: – Binfield Heath Covid-19 Mutual Aid is here to help if you’re self isolating or need support as a NHS or Key Worker; we are a friendly bunch of local volunteers and can: * Pick up groceries
* Collect prescriptions
* Run urgent errands
* Post mail
* Walk your dog
* Have a friendly phone call
Check out the group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/binfieldheath/ (and join) or do get in touch with your local contact below if we can lend a hand: Area Contacts: 1) Dunsden – Row Lane, down to Playhatch, up to the Chapel/Garage on Dunsden Way – Jon Gittoes , 07384 383 564.
2) Church Lane, Plough Lane, Plowden Way, School Fields, Shiplake Row, Memorial Avenue – Amanda Jennings , 07799 038 492.
3) Harpsden & Mays Green – Florence Phillips .
4) Hunts Green & Perseverance Hill – Louise Austin .
5) Heathfield Avenue, Heathfield Close, Binfield Heath Village – Lucy Watkinson , 07801 207 638.
6) Gravel Road, Heath Drive, Dunsden Way from the Chapel/Garage to BH Stores – Raphaelle-Marie Joy Krawnsom  (Maz), 07984 542 144.
7) Arch Hill up to Coppid Hall, Common Lane to the Bottle and Glass, Emmer Green Road, Thanksgiving Lane – Rowan Austin , 07702 777 898.
8) Kiln Lane, New Road – Carol George . For contacts without a number above, please contact Amanda Jennings on 07799 038 492 in the first instance and she’ll put you in touch.
– Need Groceries? Binfield Heath locals have got some Tesco delivery slots booked and are happy to add supplies for other members of our community who are self isolating or struggling to get to the shops – eg NHS workers. There’s no guarantee of availability of all items, but some supplies are getting through.
Upcoming deliveries are as follows and items can be added up until 10.30pm the night before: Sunday 29 March Monday 30 April Thursday 2 April Thursday 6 April Friday 10 April Thursday 16 April If you would like items adding on to any of these orders, please contact Maz Ransom on 07984 542 144, giving plenty of time to liaise with the ‘slot owners’ before the deadline. Maz will also arrange delivery to you. –
Eye & Dunsden Corona Support Group are providing support to people in the parish of Eye & Dunsden – check out their Facebook site for help or to volunteer: https://www.facebook.com/groups/EyeandDunsdenCoronaSupport/ or do call: Robin Page (Playhatch) – 07968 192 288 David Woodward (Sonning Eye) – 07802 433 058 Claire Murdoch (Dunsden) – 07880 504 974 Jon Gittoes (Dunsden) – 07384 383 564 – For Lower Shiplake support or to volunteer, please contact Jo Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Carol at the corner shop on 0118 940 2932. The shop is also doing deliveries locally.