Flooding update from South Oxfordshire District Council – 3.15pm Monday 10 February
– As a result of recent rainfall water levels on Oxfordshire rivers have risen again. There are a number of road closures and Environment Agency flood alerts and warnings in place across the county
– properties near to land which is already saturated maybe at risk of flash flooding
– sandbags were delivered to the following locations on the afternoon of Monday 10 February:
1. Crowmarsh Gifford – the car park at the district council offices, Benson Lane
2. Henley – Kings Road car park
3. Lower Shiplake – train station
4. Sonning Eye – Playhatch Road
– acqua-sacs have also been delivered to properties at very high risk in Sonning.
Important telephone numbers:
v if you're in a life threatening situation then please dial the emergency services on 999
v if it is a non urgent call then please call the emergency service on 101
v to report flooding from a sewer please call Thames Water on 0845 9200 800 or visit Thames Water's Sewer Flooding page – please note, the phone number provided has now been corrected
v If you are concerned about a vulnerable person please call the county council's emergency duty team on 0800 833 408.
For further information and advice please visit www.southoxon.gov.uk/flooding or follow @southoxon on Twitter.