South Oxfordshire District Council (SODC) would like your feedback on how we should manage the need for new houses and employment in South Oxfordshire.
They have prepared the latest draft of our Local Plan which explains where, and why, they consider new houses and employment should be located up until the year 2033. The plan also explains how they will raise money to provide infrastructure for things like roads, schools, leisure centres, parks and shops.
They have already consulted on three earlier versions of this document, as follows:
“Issues and scope” (June 2014)
“Refined options” (February 2015)
“Preferred options” (June 2016)
They are now seeking your views on our Local Plan: Second Preferred Options, the Sustainability Appraisal and Habitats Regulations Assessment.
How to get involved
You can read the draft Local Plan and the supporting documents on the council’s website from 9am on Wednesday 29 March at www.southoxon.gov.uk/newlocalplan. Paper copies of the plan will be available across the district, at the locations listed below:
- their council office at 135 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, OX14 4SB – weekdays from 8.30am to 5pm (4.30pm Fridays)
- public libraries in Benson, Berinsfield, Chinnor, Didcot, Goring, Henley, Sonning Common, Thame, Wallingford, Watlington, Wheatley and Woodcote during their usual opening hours, or
- Abbey Sports Centre Berinsfield, Chalgrove Post Office, Clifton Hampden Post Office, Cornerstone Didcot, Culham Science Centre and Didcot Wave Leisure Centre during their usual opening hours.
The draft documents will be subject to consultation for a seven week period from Wednesday 29 March to 5pm on Wednesday 17 May 2017. The standard consultation period has been extended by one week to allow for Easter.
SODC is holding four drop-in events across the district during the consultation period. Go and view the consultation documents and information boards and ask them questions. You are welcome to attend any event to discuss what is happening in the area you live:
- Didcot: Cornerstone, 1pm – 7pm on Wednesday 5 April
- Wallingford: Regal Centre, 3pm – 7pm on Friday 7 April
- Thame: Barns Centre, 10am – 4pm on Saturday 8 April
- Henley: The Christ Church Centre, 10am – 4pm on Saturday 22 April
How to comment
You can comment on the draft documents until 5pm on Wednesday 17 May 2017, by:
- completing a form at one of their drop-in events and posting it in their ballot box
- participating in their online survey, accessed via www.southoxon.gov.uk/newlocalplan (registration is required)
- downloading a copy of our comment form from their website, or collecting a hard copy from the locations listed previously and either:
– emailing it to email@example.com
– posting it to SODC Planning Policy, 135 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, OX14 4SB, or
- emailing or writing to us using the above addresses
To take part in the consultation they require your name and address. Your name and comments will be made available for public viewing so these cannot be treated as confidential.
Call for sites
In conjunction with the Local Plan, the council carries out land suitability assessments for a variety of uses including housing, employment and gypsy and traveller sites. This assessment is known as the Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA).
SODC is now inviting landowners to submit potential development sites to them for consideration. This will help them to understand the amount and type of development they can deliver through the emerging Local Plan. For further information please visit www.southoxon.gov.uk/callforsites
If you have any questions, please contact the planning policy team on 01235 422600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Original message sent to Harpsden Parish Council from:
Head of Planning